During the mid 1800’s soldiers were billeted under canvas in what was then called the North Camp of the Aldershot Garrison. Many of the soldiers who were Methodists had no place of worship. An appeal to the Methodist Churches throughout the nation raised enough funds to build not only one but two churches! The first was built in Aldershot town centre and later, in 1878 our church in North Camp was completed. It has been the spiritual home for thousands of soldiers and civilians over the years.
Click to view our latest church newsletter.